- Access to use the Tanzania Ministry of Energy and Minerals Mining Cadastre Portal is intended for people or companies that do business, or plan to do business, in the mineral resource sector of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Access may be granted to individuals who are:
- Acting in their own capacity
- Authorised employees of, or agents for, a company
- Authorised agents for a group of individuals
- Individuals may represent more than one company.
- Companies may be represented by more than one individual.
- Applications to register for access to the Mining Cadastre Portal must be presented in person by the individual who wishes to use the portal. The application must consist of:
- A completed registration form OMCTP01
- Proof of identity
- If an employee or agent, an original Letter of Authority authorising the individual to act on behalf of the company or persons.
- At the time of registration the Ministry of Energy and Minerals will go through a verification process with the individual and/or company to ensure that all existing information in the Mining Cadastre Portal is correct and up-to-date.
- Access will not be granted to a person representing an individual and/or company that is in default on any existing mineral right in Tanzania.
- Once the Ministry of Energy and Minerals has processed the application, a user profile will be created in the Mining Cadastre Portal and an email sent to their registered email address with a temporary password. When logging on to the system for the first time, the user will be required to change this temporary password.